ST. LOUIS — Rhode Island Catholic and its Spanish language publication El Catolico won a total of 11 national press awards from the Catholic Press Association of the United States and Canada during its annual Catholic Media Conference in St. Louis on June 3.
Rhode Island Catholic won awards in the following categories:
1. Best Coverage of an International Event, Second Place: Rick Snizek for “The Challenges of Living Behind the Wall in the Palestinian West Bank.”
2. Best Coverage of the Papal Visit to Cuba and the U.S., Honorable Mention: Rick Snizek, Lauren Clem for “From White House to Main Street, Pope’s Visit a Major Inspiration to Americans.”
3. Best Single Color Ad Originating with the Publication, Third Place: Laura Kilgus for “Golden Lamb Buttery” ad.
4. Best Coverage of Vocations to the Priesthood, Religious Life or Diaconate, Honorable Mention: Lauren Clem for “PC Grad Who Met Pope Francis Now Pursues His Own Vocation.”
5. Best Coverage of the Year of Consecrated Life, Honorable Mention: Lauren Clem for “Mercy Sisters Have Provided More Than 160 Years of Compassion in Diocese.”
1. Best Editorial Page, First Place: Silvio Cuellar, Sara Perin-Monterroso and Luis Peralta
2. Individual Excellence Editor, Second Place: Silvio Cuellar
3. Individual Excellence Writer, Second Place: Ana María Delgado
4. Best cover of the Papal visit to Cuba and the U.S., Second Place: Rick Snizek, Silvio Cuellar and Lauren Clem
5. Best Regular Column by a Bishop, Second Place: Most Rev. Thomas J. Tobin
6. Best Column Spiritual Life, Honorable Mention: Silvio Cuellar for “El Rincon de la Familia”
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here